Sebastian Vettel will look to build on his Montreal triumph in the first French Grand Prix for a decade this weekend.
Vettel leads Lewis Hamilton by a solitary point in the driver standings after his third victory of the season at the Canadian Grand Prix.
Hamilton says he has no idea what to expect at Circuit Paul Ricard, a track which last stage an F1 race back in 1990 - Alain Prost winning his in his homeland.
If history is anything to go by, Ferrari can be optimistic of another victory, having secured pole and won each of the last three editions of the French Grand Prix at Magny Cours.
We look at the Opta numbers for the French Grand Prix.
- The French Grand Prix was one of seven circuits used in the first Formula One season remaining on the calendar until 2008 (excluding 1955). Only Italy (68), Great Britain (68), Monaco (64), Germany (62) and Belgium (62) have held more races than France (58).
- Pierre Gasly was not even born when the last F1 race took place at Paul Ricard circuit.
- Ferrari have secured pole and won the race at the last three French GPs (all at Magny Cours); the last race at Le Castellet also saw the Scuderia secure pole and the win.
- Renault have won the French GP more often (five times) than any other race, two of those victories coming at Paul Ricard (1982 and 1983).
- Daniel Ricciardo is one win away from equalling his best F1 season (three in 2014), he is also one fastest lap away from match his best campaign (four in 2016) and one pole position away from his best.
- Hamilton and Vettel have both been on pole position at 23 of the 26 different Grands Prix they have raced. If one of them takes pole at Paul Ricard they would become the driver at the front of the grid in the most different Grands Prix.
- Vettel secured his 50th win in the last race, one more win and he will equal Prost's tally of 51 wins. Only Michael Schumacher (91) and Hamilton (64) have more victories.
- Five of this season's seven fastest laps have been recorded by Red Bull (Ricciardo three and Max Verstappen two); they are just one shy from reaching their best record for a season since 2014.
|Manchester City 0 Borussia Dortmund 1: Gotze spoils Mahrez´s debut in ICC opener|
|United fans keeping De Gea at Old Trafford – Herrera|
|Keita: I turned down Barca and Bayern for Liverpool|
|Merritt stays ahead as rain halts Barbasol Championship|
|Roma had to sell Alisson to Liverpool, says Totti|
|Donald Trump: Kneeling players should be suspended without pay|
|Cardinals´ Carpenter makes history|
|Nationals pair Strasburg, Zimmerman activated from DL|
|Premier League-linked Plattenhardt feels at home at Hertha|
|Johnson expecting tough Granollers challenge|
|Good Luck at last! Colts quarterback fit for training camp|
|Haase humbles Rublev as Cecchinato charges on|
|Benzema hits back at ´crazy´ De Laurentiis over age jibe|
|Leeds Rhinos finally end winless streak in Super League|
|No freaky Friday for Spieth as he bounces back in round two|
|Double boost for Bouchard in Gstaad|
|Iconic Ronaldo to raise Serie A level - Roma´s Hamm|
|Brighton birthday boy March renews contract|
|Lamela hoping injuries are behind him after signing Tottenham extension|
|Where will I get my massage? - Roma´s Pallotta mocks UEFA ban|
|Rashid struck by Lightning amid speculation over Test recall|
|Major misses a mixed blessing for Fowler and Kuchar|
|Fleetwood, McIlroy and Spieth bare teeth as Kisner and Johnson lead|
|The Open 2018 diary: Fleetwood´s swinging in the rain, but it´s a slog for McIlroy|
|Fees agreed as Fabri closes in on Fulham move|
|Neymar and Mbappe have a very good relationship, claims PSG president|
|Boufal joins Celta Vigo on loan from Southampton|
|Leicester sign Ward from Liverpool amid Schmeichel speculation|
|Kisner philosophical after run-in with the Barry Burn|
|Gattuso unsure of Bonucci future|
|Verdasco, Gasquet advance but Ruud´s run is over in Bastad|
|James to remain at Bayern Munich, says Rummenigge|
|Texans QB Watson expects to be fit for training camp|
|Torpedo Moscow deny cancelling player´s contract over racist abuse|
|Napoli decry Cavani, Di Maria rumours as fake news|
|Kisner feels the Burn, Spieth on the surge|
|Woods: I could have cleaned up my round|
|Lille swoop for free agent Fonte|
|Sagan completes hat-trick after bunch sprint|
|´Amateur´ DFB needs Lahm´s help - Rummenigge|
|Horner expects Ricciardo new deal ´pretty quickly´|
|Diakhaby swaps Monaco for Huddersfield|
|Tottenham´s Lamela signs to 2022|
|Atletico´s Rodrigo excited to wear Simeone´s 14|
|F1 Raceweek: Red Bulls steal show from Mercedes but Ricciardo to start from back|
|Fakhar hits historic double hundred as Pakistan thrash Zimbabwe|
|Roma president Pallotta hit with three-month UEFA suspension|
|Hamburg extend contract of coveted youngster Jann-Fiete Arp|
|Steady start for Kisner as Woods endures mixed day at Carnoustie|
|Zach Johnson: Dustin comparisons are unfair|
|Neymar backs Tite for Brazil despite World Cup failure|
|Vinicius wants to play with ´idol´ Neymar but Perez calms transfer talk|
|One hundred not out for Els at The Open|
|Magnificent Maharaj takes eight wickets to stymie Sri Lanka|
|If I lose I´ll go down swinging - McIlroy ready for Carnoustie battle|
|UEFA confirms AC Milan reinstated to 2018-19 Europa League|
|Fleetwood: Open Championship is the one for me|
|Canberra coach Stuart brands bunker ´waste of time´ after controversial Cronulla loss|
|Son signs five-year Tottenham extension|
|Fleetwood cards fine 65 to share Open lead|
|WATCH: Evra belts out Bocelli in Ronaldo welcome video|
|I´ll always carry Roma in my heart, says Liverpool signing Alisson|
|CAS overturns AC Milan´s Europa League ban|
|McIlroy and Johnson on the move as Woods troubles Carnoustie spectators|
|Caleta-Car race won by Marseille|
|Hurricanes hold off Chiefs to reach final four|
|Bairstow: Unfair to compare England Test and ODI teams|
|Criticism is a weapon of the weak – Dani Alves defends Neymar|
|Thomas drops shot as McIlroy endures testing morning|
|Hazard is Chelsea´s best player and we need him – Fabregas|